Cloud Managed Stackable Access Switches
The Cisco Meraki MS225 series switches provide layer 2 access switching and are ideal for deploying to branch locations. With stacking capabilities and 10G SFP+ uplinks on every model, performance is guaranteed. This family also supports an optional, rack-mountable remote PSU (Cisco RPS-2300) for power redundancy requirements
Cisco Meraki switches are built from the ground up to be easy to manage without compromising any of the power and flexibility traditionally found in enterprise-class switches.
The Meraki MS is managed through an elegant, intuitive cloud interface, rather than a cryptic command line. To bring up a Meraki switch, just plug it in; there’s no need for complicated configuration files, or even direct physical access to the switch.
Meraki’s centralized management gives administrators deep visibility into the network and how it’s used. See which switches are near capacity across hundreds of sites. Find all configuration changes made by a certain person with instant search.
Industry Leading Cloud Management
Cloud management has a number of benefits that make it easier to build networks large and small:
- True zero-touch device provisioning
- Virtual stacking: manage up to thousands of ports from a single pane of glass.
- Application layer visibility with automatic operating system, client, and hostname fingerprinting.
- Powerful Live Tools such as packet capture and cable test to isolate and troubleshoot network issues.
- Alerts upon power loss, downtime, or configuration changes.
- Role-based administration and automatic, scheduled firmware upgrades over the web.
- Regular feature updates and enhancements delivered on demand from the Meraki cloud.
- 48 port gigabit Ethernet
- 4 × SFP+ uplinks
- 80G Physical Stacking
- MS225-48LP includes 370 W PoE / PoE+
- MS225-48FP includes 740 W PoE / PoE+
- Voice and Video QoS
- Supports Cisco redundant power system (RPS2300)
- Non-blocking switch fabric
- Ultra-reliable, includes lifetime warranty
Power over Ethernet (for PoE models)
- 802.3af (PoE) 15.4 W per port
- 802.3at (PoE+) 25.5 W per port
- MS225-48LP maximum PoE output: 370 W
- MS225-48FP maximum PoE output: 740 W
- PoE available simultaneously on all ports
- Intelligent PoE power allocation based on device advertisement (LLDP, CDP)
|Ethernet switching capabilities||
|Power over Ethernet||
|Warranty||Full lifetime hardware warranty with next-day advanced replacement included|
|MTBF at 25°C||439,585||381,015||320,555|
|Physical dimensions (H×W×D)||1.72” x 19.08” x 13.38”(4.38 x 48.46 x 34cm)||1.72” x 19.08” x 13.38”(4.38 x 48.46 x 34cm)||1.72” x 19.08” x 13.38”(4.38 x 48.46 x 34cm)|
|Physical Weight||8.78 lb (3.98 kg)||9.63 lb (4.37 kg)||9.63 lb (4.37 kg)|
Meraki switches include all of the traditional Ethernet features found in modern enterprise access switches, including:
- Physical stacking with support for up to 8 stack members for built-in redundancy and performance
- Static and dynamic routing support with DHCP relay and server capabilities
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) to prioritize mission critical traffic such as voice and video
- Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments
- CDP, LLDP advertisement and snooping, with detailed neighbor visibility
- Port Mirroring to monitor network traffic
- IGMP Snooping to optimize network performance for multicast applications
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking, with Multichassis (MLAG) support on stacked switches
- IEEE 802.1X, MAB, and Hybrid authentication support for wired access control with RADIUS server monitoring
- Port security and MAC whitelisting
- Change of Authorization (CoA) and RADIUS accounting support
- DHCP snooping to prevent users from adding unauthorized DHCP servers on the network
- Rapid spanning tree, BPDU guard, root guard, and other safeguards to help prevent misconfigurations and reduce convergence time
- Per port VLAN configuration
- Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management
Network Troubleshooting & Automation
- Virtual Stacking lets administators manage up to thousands of ports in a single interface without having to physically connect stack members
- Configuration templates for rapid, zero-touch provisioning and auditing of all sites
- Network Topology for automatic and interactive network mapping
- Remote cable testing, packet capture and client discovery
- Automatic and scheduled firmware upgrades for the complete network
Converged Voice, Video and Data Environments
The Meraki switch family is designed to unify data, voice, and video onto a single IP backbone. All Meraki switches support rich qualityof-service (QoS) functionality for prioritizing data, voice, and video traffic. The switches support eight class-of-service (CoS) queues on every port, enabling them to maintain end-to-end traffic prioritization.
PoE models provide power VoIP telephones, IP security cameras, wireless access points (APs), and other IP devices. In addition, using CDP and LLDP, PoE power is intelligently budgeted to maximize the number of PoE clients supported. For the most power-hungry applications, support for Cisco UPoE is also available. The Meraki MC products work flawlessly with Meraki switches, and create a unique and powerful experience to installing, supporting and troubleshooting VoIP technology
Application Layer Visibility
Meraki is the only switch to include integrated Layer 7 fingerprinting. Identify hundreds of applications from business apps to BitTorrent and YouTube. User fingerprinting with Google-like search allows administrators to easily identify and control individual users, PCs, iMacs, iPads, Androids, and other devices. This unprecedented visibility allows optimizing of network resources and maintaining optimal network performance.
Unified Software Architecture
Meraki switches run the same Meraki operating system used by all of Meraki’s products. The use of a common operating system allows Meraki to deliver a consistent experience across all product lines. When connected, MS250 switches automatically connect to the Meraki cloud, download configuration, and join the appropriate network. If new firmware is required, this is retireved by the switch and updated automatically. This ensures the network is kept up-todate with bug fixes, security updates, and new features.
Meraki switches feature high-end hardware and an exceptional feature set, including:
- Options for fixed and modular uplinks: 1 GbE, 10 GbE, and 40 GbE uplink ports for high-speed connectivity to aggregation-layer switches or other upstream devices
- Optional multigigabit ports providing up to 10 Gbps on a single cable, supporting the latest Wi-Fi performance capabilities
- Wire-speed, non-blocking switch fabric (up to 800 Gbps), and six dedicated QoS queues for high-performance, converged voice, video, and data deployments
- Power-efficient, quiet acoustic designs and shallow rack-depth options enable flexible deployment in wiring closets as well as offices and classrooms
- Fanless design on select models
- Power over Ethernet, PoE+, and UPoE options available
- Up to 740W PoE budget with PoE+ support for powering APs, phones, cameras, and other PoE-enabled devices (124W for 120-8 series), with 830W available on the MS390 UPoE model
- Lifetime hardware warranty and advanced replacement at no additional cost
- Field-replaceable, hot-swappable power supplies and fans; RPS option for missioncritical applications; stack power on select models for added resilience
Powerful feature set for deployments of all types
Meraki switches include all of the traditional Ethernet features found on the highest-end
• Quality-of-service (QoS) to prioritize mission-critical traffic such as voice and video
• IEEE 802.1x support for port-based network access control
• MAC-based RADIUS auth and MAC allowlisting
• Voice VLAN support for simplified VoIP deployments
• Port mirroring support for monitoring network traffic at line rate
• DHCP snooping to prevent users from adding unauthorized DHCP
servers on the network
• IGMP snooping to optimize network performance with multicast traffic
• Link aggregation control protocol (LACP) for high-capacity trunking, stacking,
and increased availability
• Rapid spanning tree protocol (RSTP), BPDU guard, root guard, and other safeguards
to help prevent misconfigurations and reduce convergence time
• Per port VLAN configuration
• Multiple administrative roles with sophisticated security policy management
• High-performance layer 3 routing capabilities on select models
Buy Cisco Meraki Switch online from Firewall Firm’s IT Monteur Store