An up-to-date firewall can help you protect your organization’s network while allowing legitimate business communication to be sent and received. It keeps bad actors out and can be used to keep employees away from insecure or non-work-related sites.
While a firewall provides excellent security and protection, it needs monitoring and management. Monitoring your own firewall is a time-consuming, intensive, and expensive task that requires security expertise and regular upgrades. Many organizations lack the internal expertise, time, and capital to monitor their own firewalls around-the-clock. For these companies, a managed firewall is an affordable, effective solution.
Firewall Engineer Works
A managed firewall is a service that offers enhanced threat management. Security experts monitor your firewall remotely and can help mitigate any potential threats. To accomplish this, they study your network traffic and learn what normal traffic looks like for your business. When any unusual activity is detected, it can be quickly identified and addressed.
In addition, your provider will perform routine traffic analysis and send regular reports to you so you will have a clear sense of your network traffic patterns and how your managed services team is managing threats to your network.
Firewall Engineer Expertise Made Affordable by The Economy of Scale
The beauty of IT services like managed firewall is their ability to leverage economies of scale to offer companies the cybersecurity they need, at a price they can afford. In the past, your only option was to create an in-house security solution for your network, which you had to pay for through a capital expenditure.
Here are 3 ways a managed firewall can enhance your company’s operations:
1. Firewall Engineer Protect you against Cyber Crime
Cyber crime is a growing concern for businesses and citizens alike. According to a recent cyber crime report published by research firm Cybersecurity Ventures, cyber attack rates are climbing faster than any other crime and will cost the global economy $6 trillion annually by 2021.
A business that falls prey to a cyber criminal will face serious losses and a tough road ahead. According to a 2017 report published by the Better Business Bureau, half of all businesses would lose their profitability within a month if their critical data was lost.
With a managed firewall, business owners can avoid or mitigate the risk of a cyber attack or breach.
2. Firewall Engineer Helps you Meet compliance requirements
As the threat level of cyber attacks continues to grow, so does the burden of compliance regulations. Existing regulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, and Sarbanes Oxley continue to evolve with ever stricter and more technical compliance requirements. New regulations such as GDPR add to the complexity.
A managed firewall service provider with compliance expertise can ensure your company meets these legal requirements, avoiding the heavy penalties associated with negligence.
3. Firewall Engineer Ease burden of monitoring
The burden of round-the-clock monitoring can be heavy for many SMBs. For example, if you have a small IT department with just one security expert, it’s not possible for your staff to continuously monitor your network.
Most business owners need to stay focused on their core business activities; they don’t have time to become IT security experts. And hiring enough staff for 24/7 monitoring may be too expensive. A managed firewall solution solves both of these problems.
Firewall Engineer Secure Organization Network
With the support of Managed Edge Security from Firewall Firm, you can shift the burden of network security, compliance, and monitoring to our team of security experts. With Firewall Firm’s Managed Edge Security solution, customers benefit from next-generation firewall services and unified threat mitigation to protect their network, Our experts work diligently to stay on top of emerging threats, current best practices, and compliance requirements.
Our security experts will continuously watch your network for anomalies, strange patterns, or any other indicators of potential threats. We can also take on routine tasks, including security updates and patches, to free your internal resources to help you accomplish more important tasks and projects.
We can provide high levels of security for your network and bill you on a monthly basis, as an OpEx. Through a carefully crafted Service Level Agreement (SLA), we will spell out our responsibilities and what you can expect from us in the event of a cyber attack on your network.
Firewalls can protect your network against unauthorized access and intruders.
As enterprises expand its mission-critical networks with newer applications, many have begun to view network security technologies as the key to prevent intrusion and exposure of critical data. Without protection, companies can experience security breaches resulting in serious damages. The security system that all enterprises should seek to implement in such a situation is a firewall. Firewalls are certainly becoming a critical part of any secure network.
20 TOP MOST PROBLEMS IN FIREWALLS WHICH IMPACT BUSINESS
- Failing to save the CONFIGURATION: 90% of the times we don’t save the configuration which gives the problem when we reboot the Firewall or Router.
- Configuration done by the Engg is not meeting the company policy
- Rules are not used still there in the ACL
- Duplicate Rules no documentation of the rules.
- Firewall connection exceeds as not taken in account eh VPN or SSL connections while making a DECISIONS or the Firewall is OLD
- Memory full issue there is bug in the rules or the configuration making firewall slow or reboots automatically.
- Firewall OS is older and new OS is not supported.
- Unwanted application are taking lot of bandwidth like video youtube etc. then bring down the productivity of the organisation.
- Link problem. The like is not stable and goes down or flaps too much.
- NO QOS done for the rules and on the application.
- OSPF or BGP not configured properly.
- Poor VOIP quality which may be due to link flap or too much bandwidth taken by other applications
- Duplexing not done properly.
- Passwords are simple or easy to decode authentication is not upto the mark
- MS-SQL is open from the outside for the applications via server with just application authentication.
- Anti-spoofing not configured on the interfaces
- No logging is done for the system changes.
- Any TCP or UDP packet can go out.
- Proxy services are not stopped
- Certification not configured on the firewall to have the ultimate Security.
The Last one is important and no one configures firewall for that (certification)
Every one is thinking that firewall is now matured and nothing is need more.
But after ransomware things have changed.
Affordable Managed Firewall Service with 24×7 Firewall Monitoring
Take advantage of our group of dedicated Firewall professionals to manage, monitor and respond to network attacks.
System Management – Allows you to focus on other tasks.
Proactive Security Monitoring – We watch and respond to Internet attacks so you don’t have to.
Network Monitoring – We monitor the firewall to ensure your network stays connected to the Internet.
Change Management Reporting – You will always know what is going on and what we did to fix it.
Customized to Your Needs – You control the level of service that is right for you.
» Best practice configuration
» Unlimited phone support
» Constant access to Web-based monitoring & reporting
» No charge equipment repair or replacement
» Remote firmware updates
» Quick configuration changes
» Outage notice by e-mail
» After hours emergency response from our certified team
» No contract or extended customer commitment!
» This service is provided on a month-to-month basis.